Faster and More Precise Measurements – with Bridge-type Measuring Machines from ZEISS
Industrial measuring technology from ZEISS is a well-balanced system: from the measuring machine, to the sensors and software, all the way up to service. All single components, as well as the entire system are designed to deliver the best possible results as quickly as possible.
Materials and design
Regarding the choice of material and design, bridge-type measuring machines from ZEISS are known for
• their dynamic rigidity
• the low weight of the moving parts
• their insulation against ambient influences
Dynamic rigidity is the key to meeting high precision requirements with the high speeds achieved during scanning operations. Temperature and vibration insulation, as well as protective covers enable installation near production,thus eliminating the time-consuming trip to the measuring lab.
ZEISS invented contact scanning and is still setting milestones in scanning technology:
• Active scanning to make scanning faster and more precise. Furthermore, unknown contours can be scanned
• navigator technology features automatically optimized scanning speeds, tangential approach, helix scanning and dynamic stylus calibration. Benefit: faster programming, calibration and scanning
• FlyScan allows you to “fly” over interrupted contours – for considerably shorter programming and measuring times
The active VAST scanning probes from ZEISS lay the foundation for the use of very long and heavy stylus
configurations: styli up to 450 mm with a total weight of up to 600 g. Such long styli make it ossible to scan deep features without taking up a lot of time. Moreover, complex stylus configurations with differently arranged styli can be used. Stylus change-outs are avoided; the measuring time for complex parts reduced. Stylus configurations tailored to your application are available from ZEISS Service & Support.
ZEISS offers an extensive line of sensors that work optimally with the measuring machines and software from ZEISS. The right sensor or sensor system is available for any application and any demand. The multi-application sensor system (mass) enables maximum flexibility. mass enables the highly precise operation of all sensors (sensors with an articulating probe holder or fixed stylus configurations, optical or contact, passive or active) on one measuring machine.
Software from ZEISS stands for efficiency and performance in industrial metrology. ZEISS CALYPSO, ZEISS HOLOS and ZEISS CALIGO allow you to quickly and intuitively complete all your measuring tasks. This software, which harmonizes perfectly with our bridge-type measuring machines, saves time while programming, measuring and analyzing. Additional software products for offline programming, automation,
measuring lab management and quality data management ensure that you have powerful tools at your isposal.
Services & solutions
ZEISS is a full provider of industrial measuring technology. We emphasize this with an extensive offering of services available around the globe:
• Maintenance, repairs, spare parts, analysis and relocation
• Software and hardware updates
• Contract programming, contract measurement, computed tomography, planning, calibration and onsultation
• Feeding systems, measuring lab planning, clamping equipment, stylus system equipment, artifacts,
computer and network technology
ZEISS CONTURA – The Reference Machine in the Compact Class
CONTURA – the broad platform from ZEISS for flexible, reliable and uncompromising quality assurance. The latest generation is even more precise and offers a large package of optical sensors on top of a larger measuring range. Outstanding scanning technology, ZEISS CALYPSO reference software and a highly
tuned overall concept enable ZEISS CONTURA to cement its place as the standard in its class.